‘All tests we do at FMD are aimed at finding the root cause of your health problem. These are not the usual diagnostic tests that you do, but much, much more.’
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information Generally
Some of the Services require us to learn more about you so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your mobile number, email address and other contact phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your PIN/Postal code); (3) medical data such as your primary doctor, primary pharmacy, blood group, blood donor, your medical condition (such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure), and other medical and health information you choose to share with us); and (4) other identifying information such as Emergency Contact Name and his/her Phone number that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information such as your physical location that may be needed to provide you benefits of certain features of our Services. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but features of the Services that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you.
2.2 Traffic Data
We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other sources through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of the collection include:
3.1 When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Healthcare Providers, sending location and chat messages to Healthcare Providers; 3.2 When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services.
3.2 When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services.
3.3 If you download and install the application we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices.
3.4 If you install our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and a mobile device, as applicable.
3.5 Website/ App analytics services
3.6 When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Website/ App, send us an email or otherwise contact us
3.7 When you contact us through one of our advertisements on the platform including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google, and Quora.
4. Use of Information
Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated to better understand who uses Functional Medicine Diagnostics and how we can deliver a better healthcare experience, or otherwise at our discretion. We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, or to advertise. Such use may include:
- Providing you with the services and information you request;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contacting you when necessary or requested;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other services we offer;
- Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Services, which may include sending customized messages or showing you Sponsored Results;
- Notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Sending you information about Functional Medicine Diagnostics or our Services;
- Sending emails or notifications and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
5. Disclosure of Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
- We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule or connect with through the Services.
- Provided that you choose to use the applicable Services, we may share your Personal Information with your Healthcare Providers to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other Healthcare Providers on your behalf.
- We may share your Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, data storage, security, App analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features, or functionality available to our users.
- We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal processes; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, Functional Medicine Diagnostics or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights. We may disclose information that is not Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated at our discretion.
6. Storage and Security of Information
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage.
- We store and process your information on the cloud server (Amazon Web Services). We maintain industry-standard backup and archival systems.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances.
7. Controlling Your Personal Information & NotificationsIf you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify certain Personal Information or account information by logging in and accessing your account. If you wish to close your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use “Contact Us” feature in the Website. Functional Medicine Diagnostics will deactivate your account at your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note, however, that Functional Medicine Diagnostics reserves the right to retain information from deactivated accounts, including to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
You must promptly notify us if any of your account data is lost, stolen, or used without permission.